Date PostedMarch 6, 2023
Expiration dateMay 25, 2023
Join Frontdoor as Lead Software Engineer – 100% Remote in Springfield, Frontdoor is a company that’s on a mission to make home ownership simple at all refer details to know more about role and responsibility.
Post: Lead Software Engineer – 100% Remote
Work Location: Springfield, Illinois, United States
Frontdoor is a company that’s obsessed with taking the hassle out of owning a home. With services powered by people and enabled by technology, it is the parent company of four home service plan brands (American Home Shield, HSA, Landmark and OneGuard) and an expanding portfolio of home services. Frontdoor serves more than two million customers across the U.S. through a network of 16,000 pre-qualified contractor firms that employ over 45,000 technicians. The company’s customizable home service plans help customers protect and maintain their homes from costly and unplanned breakdowns of essential home systems and appliances. With more than 45 years of experience, the company responds to over four million service requests annually (or one request every eight seconds). For more details, visit frontdoorhome.com.
Our Software Engineers are product focused, giving them the opportunity to work on a product and understand the layers of the software stack. Work includes documentation, automated testing, debugging, working with algorithms and data structures, coding, design, system performance scaling, and problem solving for highly technical and complex complex software programs. Responsibilities also include providing independent execution of large projects, impacting a team of 5 engineers and contributing to the advancement of industry knowledge in the area of expertise.
• Code and introduce tools that will increase productivity, projects that will scale servers, and tools that will increase server availability.
• Debug and determine root causes of performance level bottlenecks and at the system level. Creates tools and debugging techniques to find bottle necks, for which none exist.
• Mentor lower level software engineers, while coaching and influencing the performance and progression of others on the team significantly and in some cases across teams.
• Solve issues with the help of advance research in respective fields, e.g. using machine learning to solve demand prediction.
• Provide ideas and recommendations for improving revenue.
• Prioritize tasks with Scrummaster that leads the team to be successful.
• Bring forward ideas to experiment and work in teams to transform ideas to reality.
• Write documentation and automated tests for code to be written. Implement functionality for automated tests that will successfully pass and meet coding standards. Debug production issues and create subsequent mitigation plans. Optimize performance of existing implementations.
• 8+ years product development experience
• Experience with Search Engine Optimization
• Expert understanding of computer science fundamentals, such as data structures, (trees, graphs, hash tables); understanding of functioning and implementation of basic algorithms, such as sorts, searching, and the capability to explain performance characteristics using Big-O Notations.
• Capability to debug moderately complex problems and analyze logs in production systems and to read existing code.
• Excellent skills in languages, such as Golang (what we use), C, C++, Java, .net Core
• Ability to customize and implement the best practices followed in the industry
• Ability to be on call on a rotating basis for the services owned by the team.
• Expert understanding of networking, request/response and REST APIs
• Expert understanding of various data storage options, such as relational, no-SQL, etc.
• Strong leadership skills with capability to lead a team of engineers technically Experience in developing products in an Agile development environment
• Recommend SEO measurements and tracking methodologies
• Researching the latest SEO guidelines and implementing them.
• Experience working with microservices architecture & development
• Experience working in a CI/CD environment
• Experience of Git and development activities such as merge and conflict resolution of code
• Experience in Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS cloud services
• Experience with Next.js, Redux, Micro-frontends
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Job Locations US-TN-Nashville | US-IL-Springfield | US-TX-Austin | US-VA-Richmond | US-WA-Olympia | US-OR-Salem | US-CA-Sacramento | US-AZ-Phoenix | US-CO-Denver
Type Full Time
Company AHS American Home Shield Corp
Support words: Frontdoor Vacancy in Springfield, Frontdoor careers in Springfield, Springfield jobs, Jobs nearby me in Springfield Illinois, career notification in Springfield, Engineering Jobs in Springfield,
Yellow Career is the place where you can have the verified jobs belongs to Engineering field from listed employers at the single platform, Would you be right fit for yellow gig in Springfield? If not, you could help with passing to the relevant your friends/colleague.